Birthdate: October 8th, 1972
Birthplace: Ferrara, Italy.
Laurea: Università di Roma "La Sapienza", 14 July 1995.
Ph.D.: Scuola Normale Superiore in Pisa, 13 July 2000.
- Undergraduate Fellowship, C.N.R., Roma 1994-1995.
- Graduate Fellowship, Università di Roma "La Sapienza", 1995-1996.
- Visiting Student, University of Waterloo, Canada, September 1998.
- Visiting Scholar, Duke University, 1998.
- I.N.d.A.M Fellowship, Scuola Normale Superiore in Pisa, 2000.
- 3-year Assistant Professor (post-doc), University of Michigan, 2000-2003.
- Visiting Scholar, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, 2001.
- Marie Curie Fellow, Universiteit van Amsterdam, 2003-2004.
- Assistant Professor, Università degli Studi di MIlano, 2004-2007.
- Tenured Assistant Professor, Università degli Studi di MIlano, 2007-2015.
- Associate Professor of Geometry, Università degli Studi di Milano, 2015 --
A long version of my CV.
- Filippo F. Favale, Università degli Studi di Pavia, 2013.
- Vigoni Project (in collaboration with the Universität Hannover) 2012-2013.
Progetto FCT EXPL/MAT-GEO/1168/2013: Geometry of moduli
spaces of curves and abelian varieties (PI prof. Margarida Melo)
- Firb2012 "Moduli Spaces and Applications" 2013-2018.
Organization of conferences, schools and workshops:
School "The Hodge Conjecture: State of the Art",
Hotel Bellavista, Levico Terme, June 2016 (in collaboration with Enrico Arbarello, Claudio Fontanari and Bert van Geemen)
Workshop "Interazioni fra Geometria algebrica e Fisica teorica"
Villa Grumello, Como, January 2016 (in collaboration with Sergio Cacciatori)
School/Workshop "Algebraic Varieties and their Moduli",
Centro E. De Giorgi, Pisa, June 2015 (in collaboration with Claudio
Fontanari, Marco Franciosi, Donatella Iacono, Antonio Rapagnetta).
Advanced Course "Compactifying Moduli Spaces", May 27-31
2013, CRM Barcelona, Spain (in collaboration with Emanuele
Macrì, Martí Lahoz, and Paolo Stellari)
Workshop on Algebraic Geometry - Varieties with Trivial Canonical Bundle
June 1, 2011, Department of Mathematics "F. Enriques"
Workshop on Algebraic Surfaces and Related Topics
October 6-7 2011, Université de Poitiers (in collaboration with A. Sarti and S. Boissière)
Workshop on Algebraic Curves and Their Moduli
February 2001, University of Michigan, (in collaboration with G. Farkas, A. Gibney, T. Nevins)