- Tuesday, 13:30-15:30, Room 5.
- Friday, 13:30-15:30, Room 5.
Office hours: By appointment. Send an email.
No lectures during the week November 26-30, 2012.
Basic notions of general and algebraic topology, corresponding to the contents of the course "Geometria 4".
- Singular homology. Exact sequences and excision.
- Cellular homology. Mayer-Vietoris sequences. Homology with coefficients.
- Cohomology and the Universal Coefficient Theorem.
- Cup product and the cohomology rings.
- Poincaré duality.
More details during the course. Hatcher's book (see below) is the main reference.
- W. Fulton, Algebraic Topology. A First Course, Springer 1995.
- A. Hatcher, Algebraic Topology, Cambridge University Press 2002. (download)
- Written exam for Algant Students (A.Y. 2012/2013): pdf.
Solve as many exercises as you can (no problem if you cannot solve all of them!) and send them to me. You can also drop an handwritten copy in my mail box.
- According to the new rule of the Università degli Studi di Milano, each student who intends to take part to an exam has to register with SIFA. Then you can fix a precise appointment for the exam directly with me by sending an email.